[SciPy-dev] BVP code

Jochen Küpper jochen at unc.edu
Tue Apr 23 18:12:40 EDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:18:25 -0600 Chuck Harris wrote:

>> ,----
>> | @Article{11901,
>> |   author = {J. W. Cooley},
>> |   title = {An Improved Eigenvalue Corrector Formula for Solving the
>> |            Schrödinger Equation for Central Fields},
>> |   journal = {Math. Comput.},
>> |   volume = {15},
>> |   pages = {363},
>> |   year = {1961},
>> | }
>> `----

Chuck> Is that the one that shoots from the ends and meets in the
Chuck> middle and tries to match the slopes?

Yep

Chuck> I believe there is also a version that includes the electron
Chuck> spins, so the ODE is vector instead of scalar.

IIRC that's discussed in the same paper...

Chuck> With the great linear algebra stuff we have, some of these are
Chuck> neatly solved by projecting on a finite basis set --- say sines
Chuck> or chebychev polynomials --- and diagonalizing the resulting
Chuck> matrix.

Agreed:)

Greetings,
Jochen
--
University of North Carolina                       phone: +1-919-962-4403
Department of Chemistry                            phone: +1-919-962-1579