[SciPy-dev] BVP code

Chuck Harris Chuck.Harris at sdl.usu.edu
Tue Apr 23 17:18:25 EDT 2002

> ,----
> | @Article{11901,
> |   author = {J. W. Cooley},
> |   title = {An Improved Eigenvalue Corrector Formula for Solving the
> |            Schrödinger Equation for Central Fields},
> |   journal = {Math. Comput.},
> |   volume = {15},
> |   pages = {363},
> |   year = {1961},
> | }
> `----

Is that the one that shoots from the ends and meets in the middle and tries to match the slopes? I believe there is also a version that includes the electron spins, so the ODE is vector instead of scalar. With the great linear algebra stuff we have, some of these are neatly solved by projecting on a finite basis set --- say sines or chebychev polynomials --- and diagonalizing the resulting matrix.

Chuck