[scikit-learn] Sprint discussion points?

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Wed Feb 20 16:40:37 EST 2019

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 06:16:20PM -0500, Andreas Mueller wrote:
> I put a draft schedule here:
> https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/wiki/Upcoming-events#technical-discussions-schedule

I'd like to discuss sample_props. They are important to me.

Should I add them somewhere on the schedule? Maybe in a place where
people who care about them (AFAIK Joel and Alex also do) are available?

Gaël

> it's obviously somewhat opinionated ;)
> Happy to reprioritize.
> Basically I wouldn't like to miss any of the big API discussions because coming
> late to the party.

> The two things on (grid?) searches are somewhat related: one is about
> specifying search-spaces, the other about executing a given search space
> efficiently. They probably warrant separate discussions.

> I haven't added plotting or sample props on it, which are maybe two other
> discussion points.
> I tried to cover most controversial things from the roadmap.

> Not sure if discussing the schedule via the mailing list is the best way? Don't
> want to create even more traffic  than I already am ;)

> On 2/19/19 5:48 PM, Guillaume Lemaître wrote:

>     > Not sure if Guillaume had ideas about the schedule, given that he seems
>     to be running the show?

>     Mostly running behind the show ...

>     For the moment, we only have a 30 minutes presentation of introduction
>     planned on Monday.
>     For the rest of the week, this is pretty much opened and I think that we
>     can propose a schedule such that we can be efficient.
>     IMO, two meetings of an hour per day look good to me.

>     Shall we prioritize the list of the issues? Maybe that some issues could be
>     packed together.
>     I would not be against having a rough schedule on the wiki directly and I
>     think that having it before Monday could be better.

>     Let me know how I can help.

>     On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 at 22:23, Andreas Mueller <t3kcit at gmail.com> wrote:

>         Yeah, sounds good.
>         I didn't want to unilaterally post a schedule, but doing some google
>         form or similar seems a bit heavy-handed?
>         Not sure if Guillaume had ideas about the schedule, given that he seems
>         to be running the show?

>         On 2/19/19 4:17 PM, Joel Nothman wrote:

>             I don't think optics requires a large meeting, just a few people.

>             I'm happy with your proposal generally, Andy. Do we schedule
>             specific topics at this point?

    Gael Varoquaux
    Senior Researcher, INRIA Parietal
    NeuroSpin/CEA Saclay , Bat 145, 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette France
    Phone:  ++ 33-1-69-08-79-68
    http://gael-varoquaux.info            http://twitter.com/GaelVaroquaux