"marching squares" contribution?

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Fri Nov 25 21:44:27 EST 2011

Hello,

I while ago I wrote some code to extract isocontours from 2d arrays using a "marching-squares" type algorithm, with linear interpolation to get subpixel precision. (It returns a list of numpy arrays containing the coordinates of each contour...) The inner loop is in c, and it's pretty fast. Occasionally people ask me for this code, as I've mentioned making it available from time to time.

Would it be a useful addition to skimage? Or a little too specific?

Zach