"marching squares" contribution?

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Fri Nov 25 22:23:13 EST 2011

Hi Zach

On Nov 25, 2011 6:56 PM, "Zachary Pincus" <zachary.pincus at yale.edu> wrote:

> I while ago I wrote some code to extract isocontours from 2d arrays using
a "marching-squares" type algorithm, with linear interpolation to get
subpixel precision. (It returns a list of numpy arrays containing the
coordinates of each contour...) The inner loop is in c, and it's pretty
fast. Occasionally people ask me for this code, as I've mentioned making it
available from time to time.

> Would it be a useful addition to skimage? Or a little too specific?

This item is long overdue on our todo list and would make a very welcome
addition.

Regards
Stéfan