OpenCV 2 or 1

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:33:29 EST 2009

so let's say this:

1) If you want to use the opencv facilities, you need OpenCV >= 2.0
2) Because people may want more than one OpenCV version installed at a time,
we will first make an attempt to find the variable OPENCV2 in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
 - If the variable exists, but the dll loads fail, we abort the
library import with a message to stdout.
 - if the variable does not exist, we assume that OpenCV 2.0 is the
only version installed on the system
   and continue with the loading mechanism in place. If the user did
not heed our instructions and
   instead is using OpenCV < 2.0, and something crashes. Shame on them.
- if no library is found, fail gracefully as usual.

How does that sound?

Cheers!

Chris