[Pythonmac-SIG] Building extension modules with Xcode 5

Andrew Barnert abarnert at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 28 19:46:48 CET 2013

Sorry, I've been trying to reproduce this, and I haven't identified exactly what the problem is, except that you have to upgrade Xcode from 4.x to 5.0.1 after upgrading to 10.9 and without upgrading/reinstalling Python. If I do that, _sometimes_ it doesn't work, with failures looking for gcc-4.2. If I do any other sequence, it always succeeds. I'll keep trying to figure out the repro case.

Sent from a random iPhone