[Pythonmac-SIG] Appscript and Snow Leopard and setuptools...

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Fri Sep 18 17:50:57 CEST 2009

Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:

> > Yes, that's part of the problem.  The other part is that .pth handling
> > seems to have changed from 2.5 to 2.6.
>
> That's news to me. I've been using zipped eggs with 2.6 without any
> problems.

Don't know that it had anything to do with eggs.  What I was seeing was
different sys.path construction between 2.5 and 2.6, both on SL.  In
2.5, it went through and added the directories specified by .pth files
in /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages; in 2.6, it didn't.  Perhaps I'm
just misunderstanding the way the processing of .pth files works.

Bill