[Pythonmac-SIG] Eclipse + SWT + Python

Jim Kelly JKelly at nemetschek.net
Mon Nov 19 22:03:50 CET 2007

I've had good experience with wxpython.  In some areas the documentation can
be a little spotty, but it's generally pretty easy to figure out.

I've had a few quirks with PyDev though.  I found it difficult to get it to
recognize where my site-packages directory was, despite the fact that the
binary PyDev was using to interpret python could import packages just fine.

It would also occasionally crash eclipse, or sometimes the characters on the
screen would get scrambled.  A word of caution on that, if you see that,
don't save... That isn't a display issue, that's literally what gets saved
(the garbage characters).

Jim