[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2app: import errors while running the installed app (PyQt4.Qt imports)

Ninad Sathaye ninad at nanorex.com
Thu Mar 1 16:22:00 CET 2007

Hi,

I have built a package using py2app on MACOSX 10.3.9.  My application uses Qt4.2
(PyQt4.1.x) framework.  When run the application (installed using the created
package) it gives import errors.

Example:
"
from PyQt4.Qt import QApplication
ImportError : Cannot import name QApplication.
"

Py2app seems to break my PyQt4 directory into  two parts and put them in
different places :
(A) the Qt.pyc into "/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.3/site-packages.zip/PyQt4"

(B) and the .so files [Example: QtGui.so] into
"/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/PyQt4"

Am I leaving out a necessary option?  [ I tried manually copying .so files from
(B) to (A) ..that resolved the import problems but then my app crashed.]

++++
Note: During the pkg building process, I got an error which seems identical to
the one in this message --

"http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2007-February/018659.html"   --

" malformed object (unknown flavor for flavor number 0 in LC_UNIXTHREAD command
10 can't byte swap it) "

But the package still got built.  Could this be the underlying problem?

+++
Specs --
*System: PowerPC G4, OSX 10.3.9.
*Python version: Python2.3
*Py2app details:  py2app-0.3.5, macholib-1.1, modulegraph-0.7, setuptools-0.6c3
++++

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ninad