[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Subdirectories in py2app?

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Thu Oct 7 22:06:21 CEST 2004

In article <36DC97CA-17F8-11D9-A1CC-000A95686CD8 at redivi.com>,
 Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2004, at 5:36 PM, Kevin Walzer wrote:
> After having looked at wxGlade, it does a large number of things that
> make it quite hard to bundle up in any fashion (it's too dynamic).. the
> big two are:
>
> - it expects to load code and data from the same place on the filesystem
> - it loads lots of code dynamically, only from the filesystem
>
> Basically what's needed is a packaged-application specific bootstrap
> for wxGlade that does all of its code loading statically (new modules
> surely aren't going to show up at runtime), and patch some globals in
> common.py accordingly (it looks like the only source of this).. or else
> you will have to specify the widgets and code writers *as* data files
> and specify all of their dependencies explicitly.

My app is similar and I'd rather take the 2nd tactic if possible (since
it's already what I'm doing with bundlebuilder and it works without any
subtle tricks aside from some ugliness in my build script).

Do you have any suggestions on how to include a package of python code
mixed with resources that cannot be zipped or reorganized?

-- Russell