[Pythonmac-SIG] Building pythonw OSX app

jeffm at cruzio.com jeffm at cruzio.com
Mon Mar 1 20:51:19 EST 2004

Hi,

I've developed a Mac program with MacPython 2.3 and Pygame on OS
10.3.  It runs from the command line fine, but how should I turn it
into a stand-alone OSX application?

Thanks,
Jeff

P.S.
* I tried "Save as Applet..." from the IDE and BuildApplet.  These
don't work, possibly because my program requires "pythonw" rather
than "python"?
* I tried running MacPython-2.3/Extras/Tools/freeze/freeze.py, but it
gives an error:
   Error: needed directory

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/python2.3
not found
And it's true that there is no "include" directory inside the 2.3
directory.  It gives the same error if I try to build the sample
hello.py, but the help-recommended solution (do "make install")
doesn't seem to make sense in any main python directories I can find.
* I've also seen questions on the web about BuildApplication and
bundlebuilder, but I haven't found these programs.