[Pythonmac-SIG] Distributing Python applications for the Mac

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 5 13:23:06 EST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> As someone else mentioned, many people doing scientific work on Macs already
> use fink.  If you take a look at the list of relevant libraries which have
> been ported (atlas, scipy, scilab, scientificpython <wink>, etc), I think
> you'll see why.

FWIW, I use Macs for scientific work, and use Linux as my preferred
system, and still don't like fink, and have managed to avoid it so far.
I highly commend Konrad for looking for a "Macish" installation option.

By the way, welcome Konrad and Alex -- I really look forward to your
participation on this list.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov