[Pythonmac-SIG] Debuggers wanted for fixup script

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Mon Dec 27 00:15:25 CET 2004

I've added a script Mac/OSX/fixapplepython23.py to the CVS repository,
only to the trunk for now, that will inspect and fix the
Apple-installed Python 2.3 as per what we discussed here (making
extensions build in a way that works, even if newer Pythons are
installed).

I'd like it if people could test the script, and test whether they see
the warning (you need to run this script) if they do a framework
install of 2.5a0 if their apple-python needs patching.

Also, if people could run this on OSX 10.2 and 10.4, just to see that
it doesn't cause any problems there, would be nice.

The script does all sorts of error-checking (which hasn't been tested
yet, of course:-), and I'm actually thinking of having the
patch-installer (also discussed previously, this is a .pkg installer
that will fix Apple-installed Python for people not building from
source) also simply run this script, in stead of bluntly installing a
modified copy of lib/config/Makefile. Opinions on this?
Goldman