[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython logo redux

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Nov 4 18:35:14 EST 2003

On 5-nov-03, at 0:06, John Miller wrote:

> Personally, I'm in favor of either idea. I just don't like the apple
> in the icon.

Well, I think Bob had a neat solution here: use the apple only where it
makes
sense. This would be the website, and maybe the installer. There it
communicates
"This is for Python, this is for a Macintosh".

The normal on-disk icons would have the snake wrapping something else,
or
the snake on top of something (IDE: snake wrapping a document. .py file:
document with a small snake on it. etc).
Goldman