[Pythonmac-SIG] Speed of Python on the Mac

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue May 20 23:06:03 EDT 2003

There was some discussion here recently about the speed of Python on
the Mac (at least, I think there was? Or was it only in private
conversation with Just?), and whether HFS+ was the culprit. I just came
across
<http://jason.tiltastech.com/performance/
Mac_OS_X_Filesystem_Performance_Comparison.html>, which at first glance
seems to indicate that HFS+ may actually be pretty good.

But: I only had a quick glance. Anyone interested in actually reading
and interpreting these tests?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -