[Pythonmac-SIG] Another build question: ssl?

Ronald Oussoren oussoren@cistron.nl
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:40:12 +0100

On Thursday, Nov 21, 2002, at 20:20 Europe/Amsterdam, Dan Wolfe wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> There's a problem regarding Ronald's SSL patches - they make setup
> assume that every shared library is a .dylib rather than either a .so
> or .dylib, which breaks compatibility....

Which setup? The main setup.py recognizes .dylib instead of .so, but
I'm not sure why not recognizing .so libraries is a problem: All shared
libraries in /usr/lib are .dylib's on my system. Actually, the only .so
libraries on my system are plugins for a number of tools (python,
ethereal, gimp).

Ronald