[Pythonmac-SIG] Python and Jaguar

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:52:24 +0200

On Monday, June 10, 2002, at 01:56 , Dinu Gherman wrote:
> I heard that Jaguar (OS X 10.2) finally comes with
> Python 2.2 bundled, but I don't have any developer
> prerelease of it, so I can only guess it's a Unix
> compile of 2.2.1. Has anybody already been riding
> on it to give more details?

If people haven't answered this because of their
non-disclosure-agreement: please let me know in private (I'm a
developer, you can trust me:-). I would be especially interested in
knowing whether they've included a framework-build or a
non-framework-build.

That's because if they did a framework build I'd better quickly check
that the stuff that has multiple versions in the one framework actually
works, or people will be in for a nasty shock if they download and
install Python 2.3 on MacOS 10.2 some time later this year...

(I haven't installed Jaguar myself yet as I have no partition to spare
right now).
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -