[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython icons on OSX

Michael J. Barber mjb@uma.pt
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:46:05 +0000

On Saturday, January 5, 2002, at 11:40  PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> [incorrect icon for the interpreter]
>
> Does anyone else see this? Anyone has any insights to offer as to why
> there seems to be a problem on OSX but on on OS9?

I see this as well. To be more precise, this showed up when I installed
2.2; version 2.1.1 (which was installed originally under OS 8.6) was
fine. I still have the 2.1.1 folder, and the icons there are now
mangled, too.

The interpreter looks like the IDE in the dock. In the finder, it's a
little stranger: you can see part of the hand and pencil within the
outline of the 16 ton weight, but the rest of the hand and the wrist are
cut off outside the border of the weight.

Unfortunately, I have no understanding as to the causes.