[Pythonmac-SIG] Please test the 2.2 installer

Stefan Witzgall stefan.witzgall@online.de
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:21:20 +0100

Hello Jack,

>I think MacPython 2.2 is ready. The first installer is in
>http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/MacPython22full.bin . All the

great to see your efforts to keep on track. I did download the binaries
this morning (Europe).

>with much wider audience when the other installers are uploaded and I
>get a green light on 8.1. Or I'll refrain from doing so if I get a red
>light on any otherissue, of course:-)

When I start the IDE by doubleclicking on its icon it starts up and one
moment it shows the well known MacPython logo, then I get a traceback and
the IDE stalls. I am able to make screenshoot, but I'm not able to  copy
the traceback to the clipboard. If you want, I will do some typing ...
Ok, at least the last lines:

[cut some traceback]
File "archive_1_red:Python 2.2:Mac:Tools:IDE:Splash.py", line 51, in
UpdateSplash
splash.GetDialogWindow().ValidWindowRect(splash.GetDialogPort().portRect)
NotImplementedError: Not available in this shared library/OS version

Btw: Previous versions of MacPython are running here fine.

When I gave the line
    import test.regrtest ; test.regrtest.main()
to the interpreter it did the following tests, then stalled (I waited about
half an hour):

test_grammar
test_opcodes
test_operations
test_builtin
test_exceptions
test_types
test_MimeWriter
test_StringIO
test___all__

A ctrl-cmd-esd raise the usual dialog, where I did confirm and, surprise,
was back at the interpreter.

That are my experiences with MacPyzhon 2.2.

Stefan

<Stefan.Witzgall@online.de>