[Pythonmac-SIG] Please test the 2.2 installer

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:56:36 +0100

Folks,
I think MacPython 2.2 is ready. The first installer is in
http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/MacPython22full.bin . All the
other ones (hqx, active installer, source) will follow later.

I'm announcing this one here early mainly for Jason or anyone else
with access to MacOS 8.1: does this release work?

But that shouldn't stop anyone else from trying it: I've only tried it
on my own dev machine, not even on OSX. So: give it a go and let me
know ehterh it works (I'm 99% sure it will). I'll post another note
with much wider audience when the other installers are uploaded and I
get a green light on 8.1. Or I'll refrain from doing so if I get a red
light on any otherissue, of course:-)
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++