[Pythonmac-SIG] Using BBEdit as a python script editor

JoanCarles p Casasín joanca@typerware.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:57:41 +0200

At 16/6/00 17:38 Russell E Owen wrote:

>I have two questions about using BBEdit as a python script editor:
>
>1) The 1.5.2 distribution mentions a tool or BBEdit extension or
>something for this, but I could not find it. Does it exist and if so,
>does it work reliably?

You can find it in "Python:Mac:Contrib:BBPy" in the 1.5.1 and 1.6.a1
distributions but it stop working with BBEdit 4.5 I think...
I suppose Just can give more light in a while...

Have you tested the IDE ?
You can use specific features in BBEdit to do something and go back to
the IDE without any problem (more than some seconds).

>2) A feature request (...)
>But it's a pain and even
>dangerous because I can't get to the source once it's an applet.
>(Dangerous because if I lose my copy of the source...).

I save the script and the applet in the same folder. Then, if I loose
something, I loose everything ;)

Bye,

-> jc, tw®