[Pythonmac-SIG] GUSI 2/etc

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:13:20 +0100

> I'm working at it, and need to know about the .exp file: what needs to
> get exported... or more specifically, what SHOULDN'T be exported, that
> the .exp file is necessary?

Sorry, I got carried away and I didn't answer this question:-)

It _may_ be safe to build PythonCore with "export everything" in stead of the
.exp file nowadays. There are a number of routines that should be included in
every fragment: setjmp, __initialize, a few more. Many revisions of
CodeWarrior ago the only way to ensure these weren't loaded from a shared
library was to not export them from that library. I think, however, that the
current CodeWarrior linker somehow knows about these magic routines (or
somehow they're defined in such a way that they can't be exported).

I'd say: try it, and let us know the result. Let me think.... the "img"
modules use setjmp/longjmp for their error handling. If you pass a garbage
file to "imgpbm" and you don't get a crash you're fine:-)