[Pythonmac-SIG] Embedding on Mac (recently?)

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 18:38:05 +0100

At 5:25 PM +0000 17-01-2000, Paul-Michael Agapow wrote:
>Thanks to all those who replied to my plea on the above topic - I have a
>little hacking ahead of me. (Especially as I don't want to get the users to
>run Python to run my simulation. Easier for the developers as Just
>observes, but not so for the user. I suspect it would only cause more
>problems for me in the end.)

Oh, another option might be to change your app embedding Python into a
Python *extension*. Maybe all you have to is call you C main routine from a
bootstrapping script. If you compile your stuff as shared libraries, you
can use BuildApplication to turn it into a standalone executable. Easy to
develop, and the user doesn't need to even know Python is used.

Just