[Pythonmac-SIG] Three Questions ? (again)

Bill Bedford billpy@mousa.demon.co.uk
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 19:24:29 +0100

At 4:49 pm +0200 07/07/98, Joerg Kantel wrote:

~Hi everyone,
~
~I use Python for a WEB-Project (VIPP - the Virtual Institute of Physiologie
~of the 19th Century) here at the Institute and I have three very different
~Questions dealing with Python on the Macintosh:
~
~1. Strange Behaviour with Python 1.5.1 ?
~I've written a little Tkinter-based Interface to maintanance some
~configuration files. Since updating to Python 1.5.1 my Macintosh crashes
~often by using a option menu with error 1 or 2 (dangling pointer). It did
~that never before with the former versions of python. Is this a known bug,
~strange behaviour or should I simple repair my Powerbook?
~
~2. How to write CGI-Scripts in Python on the Macintosh?
~Yes, I know there is a example CGI-Script in the Distribution but
~
~   2.1. It only runs one time of my servers, by calling it a second time
~   it crashes. I've testet it with Machttpd, WebStar and QuidProQuo.
~
~   2.2. I want something like the wrapper classes in MacPerl that gives
~   me the opportunity to handle CGI-Scripts in the same way as on my
~   Linux-Box. With Perl it is possible, why not with Python? (I don't
~   want to write further CGI-Scripts with $@% ;-)
~

There's a bug in the 1.5.1 AE module that means you can only send one apple
event to a process. Sending a second causes the problems you describe.

Bill Bedford

Owner Brit_Rail-L list for the history of railways in Britain
Subscribe at autoshare@mousa.demon.co.uk