[Python.NET] from import issues

Timothy Fitz firemoth at gmail.com
Fri May 13 00:02:32 CEST 2005

Under 1.0 release candidate 1 for python 2.4, the exe installer with
the option to install into my current python install selected, I run
python.exe and do a simple from CLR.System import String and get an
ImportError, but the second time it works. Played around a bit, it
happens for anything at from CLR.Something import foo, but not if I do
from CLR import System or such. After the initial ImportError, it
won't happen again from what I tried.

Running the python.exe included in C:\Program Files\PythonNet\, I
don't get any of these ImportErrors.

Python 2.4 (#60, Nov 30 2004, 11:49:19) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> from CLR.System import String
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named System
>>> from CLR.System import String
>>> from CLR.System.Reflection import Emit