[Python.NET] Mono Support

mtraudt mtraudt at quantifisolutions.com
Thu May 12 17:12:18 CEST 2005

Brian,

Thanks.  For some reason I made the assumption that the python.exe was a C
binary.  I should have looked more closely at the distribution.

Did you consider going with a hosting/embedding approach instead of
generating C exports via IL?  We use the CLR Hosting API on Windows and it
works well, although of course it forces you to do a bit of COM programming.
I have not used the Mono Embedding API but from reading the docs it looks
like it would be easy to use.  One nice thing about this approach is that
you can run all of your managed code in a separate (ie non-default)
AppDomain, which can be useful.

Mark Traudt
Quantifi Inc.
20 Commerce Drive
Cranford, NJ 07016
mtraudt at quantifisolutions.com
http://www.quantifisolutions.com
Phone: (908) 272-7740
Fax: (646) 304-3440

This message is intended solely for the designated recipient(s) named above
and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the named
addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this message.