[Python.NET] CVS updates

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Fri Nov 14 09:58:09 EST 2003

> But there is still some strange behavior:
>
>  >>> p=P(0,0)
>  >>> p.__repr__()
> 'P(0,0)'
>
> Fine, but ...
>
>  >>> repr(p)
> '<CLR.P object at 0x008ED930>'
>
> Why?
>
> Michael

The short answer is that there is still some work to do in
type generation for subclasses of reflected types.

The long answer :) is that right now the "magic" methods
(__something__) that are related to C "slots" in the Python
type object aren't dispatched correctly. There is a _lot_
of code in the C runtime to fixup these slots correctly, but
it isn't exposed in a very convenient way and I'm trying to
work out the exact right dance to trick the runtime into
doing it for me rather than having to reimplement it.

This is one of the next things on my list, so hopefully b3
will resolve it.

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com