[Python.NET] Generating MSIL code

Lawrence Oluyede l.oluyede at virgilio.it
Fri Nov 7 11:50:25 EST 2003

First and foremost I want to thank Bryan Lloyd for his great
effort of making something useful for Python guys on the .NET Framework.

Now I gotta explain the subject. I think that the "dream" feature for a
Python .NET implementation is generation of standard IL code (not only
bridging). I mean something like the previous [1] effort made by Mark
Hammond with his Python .NET implementation (I've talked to him by email
months ago and he told me that he stopped working on it cause he was no
longer an ActiveState employee and nobody financed him to continue working).

Do you, Brian, ever thougth to do something like that? What do you
think about that?

Thanks in advance

1 - http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/dotnet/

--