[Python.NET] Who is using Python for .NET?

Martin Kretschmar mail at martin-kretschmar.de
Fri Dec 19 04:50:28 EST 2003

Hello,

> Yes, but at the cost of thinking about everything as C++.  I'm moving to
> Python for the simplicity.  Hence, bridging through Managed C++ sounds a
> lot better to me.  I don't believe I need a 2-way bridge for what I'm
> trying to do, hope I'm not mistaken.

> A friend of mine also pointed out that I could wrap a few parts of my
> C++ classes in C, then use the Python/C API.  Depends on what I need to
> expose.  It might work in my case, I need some low-level bitmap routines
> exposed.  I don't need Python to do any of the heavy lifting, just to
> trigger stuff.

Did you ever have a look at SWIG (http://www.swig.org)?:

  SWIG is a software development tool that connects programs written
  in C and C++ with a variety of high-level programming languages.
  SWIG is primarily used with common scripting languages such as Perl,
  Python, Tcl/Tk, and Ruby, however the list of supported languages also
  includes non-scripting languages such as Java, OCAML and C#.

Regards,
                Martin Kretschmar