[PythonCE] Python CE on a Intel XScale industrial device.

Adam Walley adam.walley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 14:51:49 CEST 2008

One more word on the ASync - you are right that it does modify certain files
when they are transfered, but not all. I have not tested this properly, but
I believe that AS will recognise certain files (especially media) and
convert them to work on within the limitations of the PPC device (e.g. lower
resolution, etc...).

I believe there are a number of options as far as cross-compiling from Linux
to a WinCE target. I have used PellesC (with Wine), but I am also
investigating the use of ceGCC (on Jared's advice). I think ceGCC will be
more likely to work for XScale targets. Cross-compiling would avoid the need
to have a Windows host.

Adam