[PythonCE] Python CE on a Intel XScale industrial device.

Adam Walley adam.walley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 14:29:33 CEST 2008

Hi, Lachezar.

I would agree with Jared. Not having used any XScale devices, I do not have
what you might call hard evidence, but a quick Google for ARM and XScale
lead me to the MSDN website, which seems to confirm that compiling for
XScale is a specific target (and would therefore suggest that ARM compiled
packages may not work).

My iPAQ uses WM5 v5.1.1702 and happily runs PythonCE 2.5.

One other thought is to try to update your operating system on the XScale
device as much as possible and then re-try the PythonCE install package
(maybe there are some compatibility settings you can enable/disable in the
OS?).

Adam