[PythonCE] Python within another application

mike@pcblokes.com mike at pcblokes.com
Tue May 17 12:24:35 CEST 2005

Quoting James Salter <jsalter at cse.unsw.edu.au>:

> Thanks for the prompt advice Fuzzy.
>
> Getting into the guts of python may be acceptable, depending on whether its
> going to be worth it.
>
> Anyone willing to indulge me even further by mounting a case for python in
> favour of a VBScript / Jscript host (apart from the fact that VBScript is
> vile)?

You should only use Python if you want a scripting language that your
users will
actually be able to program in. If usability isn't a concern then another
language may be more suitable ;-)

Seriously though, I guess there is already a Jscript implementation built into
WindowsCE. It may be easier/more practical to leverage that.

Building a minimum (embeddable) Python VM for the Windows CE platform
would be a
very cool thing of course.....

Fuzzy
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python