FW:[PythonCE] RE: shutil import failure

Richard Deeley r_deeley at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 20:17:38 EDT 2004

This is all very curious (to me anyway). When I looked at the source
of shutil.py (on PC), it all looked fairly innocent.

It imports os,sys,stat,exceptions. But beyond that it looks like fairly
vanilla user type code. So I simply copied the shutil.py to the working
directory on the PPC and tried again. This time it got past that stage
of loading.

To make amends for bum steer I sent out on another subject, I double
checked this by renaming the shutil.* out of the way and repeating
without the local copy in place. It failed as per the original message.
(no shutil.dll)

So, with a local shutil in place, it compiles fine. For good measure
I got it to do a shutil.copyfile() just fine too. Just to make sure
it would actually do something.

I also tried copying shutil.pyc to the python/lib area. I get the
same error message as I started with (no shutil.dll) (after disabling
my local copy, of course).

Anyone have a stab at what may be going on here and/or anything
else I should try ?

Richard.