[PythonCE] New release (2.3.4)

Isr Gish isrgish at fastem.com
Wed Jul 7 04:42:42 CEST 2004

First I want to thank David for putting out this release. I'm happy to see that there are still people who are interested to make Python work on the Pocket PC.

Know there are a few things that I would like to mention.

1) Is there a way to have more then one instance of python running? In the previous release Richard Deeley had hacked the pcceshell so that you could run multiple instances. but know I don't even see the pcceshell.

2) There seems to be a problem in the error reports of the traceback for I/O (files) and Windows (when using the _winreg module) errors. For example if I try to open a file for reading that doesn't exist I get this error:
IOError: [Errno 7] T: <file path>
The "T" is not very informative.
Similar  thing is with the WindowsError.

3) Is there a way to add thing for when python starts up. For example I would like to add the folder of my scripts to the path, and the path of the docs to os.environ['PYTHONDOCS'].

4) There are also other changes that people made to the previous releases. My question is if there is any way to incorporate them.
For example the exec* functions hadn't worked, Telion made a module osce that made some work. (there were others also).

All the best,
Isr