[PythonCE] final closure

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Wed Nov 19 09:49:05 EST 2003

On 18 Nov 2003 at 20:19, Jeff Bauer wrote:

> Finally, I'd like to step down as administrator of the pythonce
> mailing list.  The list is hosted by python.org.  The software
> is Barry Warsaw's MailMan and is incredibly trivial to administer.
> If you aren't a CE developer and would like to contribute some
> minimal effort, this would be a good way to get involved.

Jeff,

Thanks for your contributions to Python on Windows CE. Will we see you on a Yopy or
some other next-gen device next, or are you moving out of handheld development all
together?

I've been a sleeper on this list (and this subject) for the past year because I've gone
back to school (and still working entrepreneur hours), added another child to the
household (so now I have 3). etc.

Telion showed a lot of interest but he has disappeared. Like all projects, others have
appeared to fulfill their needs and contribute to the cause.

I'm happy to admin the pythonce list. I think I have staying power at least in this regard.

Meanwhile I'm still thinking about getting ctypes to work on the ipaq under Windows CE
before I break down and install Linux on it. (and my neighbor Russ Nelson is making it
difficult to resist that move).

Your offer to pass on devices is very generous. I think I'm all set with with respect to
Windows CE devices. (3 Velo's, 1 Nino, an HP 360LX and iPaq). Perhaps others on
this list would like to break into CE development..

-Brad

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements