[PythonCE] Re: Python and Win CE 3.0 (ARM)

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:21:24 -0400

On 27 Sep 2002 at 11:34, Martin Strubel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've downloaded your Python2.2 StrongARM binary release, but couldn't get
> it running on my HP Jornada 710 (Win CE 3.0) due to missing libraries
> (coredll.dll, aygshell.dll) which seem to be no longer existant on 3.0. Now
> I was wondering whether you disclose the sources as well, since I'd like to
> try myself on a port to CE 3.0.
>
> Looking forward to your answer & best regards,

Martin,

I'm answering you and cc'ing the PythonCE list so this goes in the archive.

1. Please do not send requests to support@murkworks.com.. Although MurkWorks is
hosting a python-ce website, it is not in any way involved with the port.. that's a pet
project of mine

2. I have posted my "build tree", you can download it via FTP from

ftp://ftp.murkworks.com/pub/beta/pyceall3.zip

It's 39 megabytes!

3. Is the 710 a Pocket PC? It works fine on my iPaQ.. uh, that's PC 2002 I guess.
Which came first, 3.0 or 2002?

4. We're moving towards branching the main python CVS or creating a new SF project
to put our stuff in. Stay tuned to the list.. I'm working on python-dev to determine the
best solution to the errno issue, which is what has been holding up integrating CE
patches back into core.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements