[PythonCE] PythonCE2.2 and Tk/Tkinter?

Telion telionce@yahoo.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:15:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ulrich Kuestner <uku@snafu.de> wrote:
> Thank you for the encouraging answer.
> Unfortunately, I am a user, not a developer, and
> compiling/linking/porting is
> way beyond my abilities.
> So I am hoping somebody can do it some time.
> Thank you for your efforts!
>
> Ulrich

Well..  until last spring, I knew nothing about
Python,
nothing about CE, practically nothing about Windows
programming.

I just wanted to use a extension module named
"calldll".
And I was hoping that someone would do it for me.
But I understood; I would not get it unless I did it
by myself.

That's how I started to install eVC, trying to build
just that
simple small extension....without much success,
and finally ended up in building Python2.2 itself.

So, I was a simple user much like you.
Probably, I knew much less about Python at that moment
than you know now.

Anyway, if you want to try, eVC is FREE,
Windows CE3.0 is one of ONLY MS operating system
source code is available.

If you have eVC, it's relatively easy to make
extension module or modify python itself.
That means, NO MORE waiting and hoping.

Surely, there are lots of things to learn,
and there would be unpleasant surprises of some sorts.
Yet it is very rewording in terms of FREEDOM.

Maybe you can learn about TK and its dll.
Then, use edll.py to test some of its API from Python.
Maybe tkinter can be emulated (if you want)
by edll.py + Python code only, without touching C
if you don't like C.

I'm just pushing a little because I would be happy to
see
more people with Python builing capability  :).

=====
Telion
- telionce@yahoo.com -