[PythonCE] Newbie error installing PythonCE22 on Jornada 720: "No module named ceshell"

rdev7@bigfoot.com rdev7@bigfoot.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:19:04 +0100

Dear Telion,

Thanks for the helpful tips!

Just to clarify, in case anyone else faces the same problem - the
capitalization of filenames does not seem to be a result of the zip program.
When you unzip on Windows using Windows XP's embedded decompression program,
or using Winzip, the filenames are all correctly extracted in lower case.

In fact the problem occurs not when unzipping the archive, but subsequently
when you try to copy the unzipped files across to a compact flash card.  For
some reason this leads to capitalization of the filenames on the flash card.
Presumably the solutions to this are: (a) to rename the files manually once
they are on the compact flash card, which would be a little tedious as there
are many files to rename; (b) to unzip the zip archive on the Jornada itself
using Handyzip (www.cnetx.com); or (c) possibly to use the PC-Jornada
Serial/USB/Infrared connection to transfer the files might work, but I have
not tried it as it would probably take a long time to transfer the ~6MB of
files.

As you suggested, coming up with a CAB file distribution would be helpful
longer term solution, but I am sure that it's just one of many development
priorities on this project!

Hope that helps in case anyone runs into the same problem, and thanks again
for your help and for the great software.

Roy