[PythonCE] Re: PythonCE digest, Vol 1 #73 - 7 msgs

Mike Mellor mmellor1@yahoo.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:20:01 -0400

>--- Mike Mellor <mmellor1@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I have installed Python CE 2.2 and it works great -
>>I am currently using it to build simple models in
>>SimPy.
>>
>>Here are my questions (probably old ones):
>>
>>How do I get the default icon?  I have tried almost
>>every combination I can think of without success.  I
>>moved the executable from the start menu to the
>>windows folder, and renamed it python.exe.
>>
>>Is there any way to get around the problem of folder
>>names with spaces in them (My Documents, Storage
>>Card, Program Files)?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Mike
>>

>As Brad has responded, which version of Python are you
>using, and on which machine?
>
>If you are using PythonCE2.2+ for HPC2000, yes Icon
>was totally missing, and I fixed half of that minor
>problem.
>
>In that case, it has nothing to do with folders and
>other thing.
>
>To show Icon, you have to download new Zip file from
>my site, replace PythonCE22.exe and pcceshell.py, and
>do some adjustment if necessary in site.py.
>
>Actually, to show Icon, I put LoadIcon and other lines
>in the updated pcceshell.py
>So, if you put pcceshell.py to somewhere, and if THAT
>pcceshell is loaded, Icon would not show up.
>
>Anyway, please specify which version of Python you are
>using.

I'm using the latest release for MIPS (2.2+) (the April 02 release).

First question - what do I need to do to get .py files to use the
PythonCE icon in the file manager programs?  I have an entry in the
registry under PyFile (which is linked to .py and .pyc files) that has
an entry for DefaultIcon.  I have been able to get it to use icons from
other programs (the wish/tk icon) but not Python.  The entry I have for
default icon is "Python.exe, 0".

Second question - I cannot run .py files from any folder that has a
space in the title, such as My Documents, Storage Card or Program Files.
 The error is that python is unable to find file (for example) /Program
....  Is there a work around?

Thanks.

Mike