[PythonCE] Python 2.3/2.2+ PocketPC 2002 ARM

Doug Marien doug@jarna.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:05:21 -0700

Been quite busy today, but I had a minute to zip up the ARM binaries for
PocketPC 2002 which includes pyexpat, pythoncom, etc...

This isn't a trivial install because you'll need to tweak some registry
entries on the device.  I've included a .reg file exported from my device to
show which keys are required, but if you are familiar with the win32
distribution, they are the same.  Also, the reason for the 2.3 version in
the paths is because that's the version in the resource file of this
distribution.  If you don't have the development tools installed for
ceregedt.exe, then you can try the Registry Editor program from
http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/

pyexpat and expat are from the PyXML 0.8 distribution located at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyxml

There are still quite a few functions that are not exposed in the win32api
module since I've only been porting them as needed.

Other than that, the zip file maintains the directory structure of my
device, but you can unzip anywhere and adjust the paths from the registry
keys.  Anywho, I've temporarily placed the files up at:

http://www.trickymath.com/PythonCE-2.3.zip

Doug