[PythonCE] self-installing executable for PocketPC?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:32:56 +0100

On Saturday, March 16, 2002, at 09:01 , Rishel,Wes wrote:

> I have the occasional utility that I have developed in Python that I
> would
> like to run on my iPAQ. But I am not interested in doing Python
> development
> on the iPAQ and would prefer not to have to install a full 7 megabytes
> on
> it.

Freeze works fine for WinCE Python. It's a bit of a steep mountain to
climb when you use it the first time, but it creates a nice standalone
.exe that includes everything people need to run your app. And it starts
up quite a bit faster too.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -