[PythonCAD] Design proposal for pythoncad website

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Mon Oct 9 21:20:46 CEST 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 12:44:30PM +0200, Jos? Antonio Mart?n Prieto wrote:
> Hi,
> last week I made a basic css design for the website of pythoncad. I think
> that the project should have a more attractive website than the current one.
> I sent an email to Art asking for his opinion about this, but I think that
> maybe he has not seen my message, so I would like to know the opinion of the
> list subscribers.

Hi.

I replied to you this morning. Did the message not arrive? If not, your
design is an _enormous_ improvement on the PythonCAD website. I thought
you did a fantastic job!!

> My design proposal is simple and standards compliant. I have designed a logo
> and chosen a colour scheme. The html code of the original site remains the
> same (except for the addition of a pair of divs) and I have only added an
> stylesheet.
> You can see a draft in http://lakamarilla.no-ip.com/~martinp/pythoncad/ and
> I would like to know your opinion about the following questions:
> - Do you think that redesigning the website is a good idea?
> - Do you like the logo?
> - Do you like the first design?
> - Any suggestions?
> Please, be frank in your answers. Really, if you don't like it, I don't mind
> throwing the design to the trash :)

I hope you don't discard the design. If you have a few other ideas you
want to try out, maybe we can tweak the page(s) so that the person
viewing the site can select which stylesheet is applied.

> Best regards,
> Jose Antonio

Let me publically thank you for doing this work. The website needs
updating and it is clear that web design is not my strong suit ...

Art Haas