[PythonCAD] intersecting construction lines?

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Jun 9 02:26:07 CEST 2006

Art Haas writes:
 > You shouldn't have to zoom in, just click on the intersection. The
 > program will try to find an intersection near where you click if one
 > exists. If you click too far away (about 5 pixels or so) then the
 > program is likely to either choose a point on one of the construction
 > lines if it is near enough or a coordinate not on an entity if not.
 >
 > It's a bug if you click on the intersection (within the tolerance)
 > but you don't get the intersection coordinates as your point coordinate.

Maybe I'm doing it the wrong way, but I'm not seeing this behavior.
If I set two points on the diagonal, then drop two horizontal and two
vertical construction lines on each of them, I can't set a point on
either intersection.  Or, rather, if I do, it's through dumb luck.
The program definitely snaps to the closest construction line within
the tolerance, but NOT to the intersection.

This happens with both DS1-R32 and revision 2385.

I tried drawing segments along both construction lines, and I get the
same effect.  The intersection of two lines doesn't get a snap.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | When immigration is
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | outlawed, only criminals