[PythonCAD] intersecting construction lines?

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Fri Jun 9 01:08:43 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 06:27:12PM -0400, Russ Nelson wrote:
> Hi.  How do I put a point at the intersection of two construction
> lines?  I mean, apart from zooming WAY in, and eyeballing the
> intersection?

You shouldn't have to zoom in, just click on the intersection. The
program will try to find an intersection near where you click if one
exists. If you click too far away (about 5 pixels or so) then the
program is likely to either choose a point on one of the construction
lines if it is near enough or a coordinate not on an entity if not.

It's a bug if you click on the intersection (within the tolerance)
but you don't get the intersection coordinates as your point coordinate.

> Sorry to ask a dumb question, the answer for which I could probably
> get by grovelling through the source code.  Sometimes ya wanna hack,
> and other times you just want to get work done.

Not a dumb question at all.

Art Haas