[PythonCAD] So many CADs on python . . !

Yagnesh Desai ynd at lntenc.com
Thu Dec 21 06:39:25 CET 2006

Friends;

I was of opinion that there are many developers working on
similar Opensource projects which leads to the effect what I call
"Everyone Inventing The Wheel".

Following seems to prove it (As I see it pardon me if it is objectionable)

While going through the CAD applications listed at Linux.org I
found that there are following CAD programs listed which are
with GPL (while some are also in python)

CADvas (2D CAD on python)
Fandango (Python Scripted 3D CAD)
FreeCAD (3D Cad with macro recording)
FREEdraft (2D mechanical cad project)
Lx-Viewer (viewer which can open DWG format)
QCad
SagCAD
ThanCad (2dimensional cad)
Z88 (Finite elements Analysis) [this is something a quite different]

I was thinking if someone have tried them and compared them
with PythonCAD. Now I get confused which is the right one to
use and contribute to . . . [I am still with PythonCAD for a while]

Yagnesh