[PythonCAD] Installing on MEPIS

Yagnesh Desai ynd at lntenc.com
Wed Dec 6 18:00:47 CET 2006

I am new to LINUX with just 2 Months into it hence please pardon
my queries if they are already answered. (I tried to search the
pythoncad group but without search facility like one in google groups
its difficult.

I am using MEPIS - (Debian/ubuntu), I have installed the
pythonCAD by downloading pythoncad_0.1.26-1_all.deb
there were some conflict while installing this and
after some of few more package download I could resolve
the conflict.

Now as per the installation procedure in the www.pythoncad.org
I tried to look for the gtkpycad.py but failed.

Then I downloaded PythonCAD-DS1-R34.tar.bz.tar,
PythonCAD-DS1-R34.tar.bz2.tar & PythonCAD-DS1-R34.tar.tar

(pardon my ignorance as I did not know what would be good for me)

I extracted files from PythonCAD-DS1-R34.tar.bz.tar and then run the

$ python setup.py install
$ cp gtkpycad.py /usr/local/bin

# this line gave me error that the location does not exist. Which is true.

Now I tried

$ python gtkpycad.py
from the directory which this file stays and the CAD environment is started
now I have confusion if it is the fully featured version or it is that part
of the modules which are operational.

I have read that there is some problem with the debian type LINUX. Is it
the same thing.

Please guide me.
I have already started learing PYTHON