[PythonCAD] Consistency in operations in PythonCAD

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Tue Dec 13 18:33:38 CET 2005

Hello, Art,

On Autocad and Intellicad ou can perform the action both ways: either first
chosing an action (ex. move) and then the program asks to select objects,
then select vector or 2 points; or first selecting objects and then chosing
the action (keyboard or menu), then the program asks to select the vector.

Stretching/moving is quite easy as an object can be selected and a "grip" on a
corner (for stretching) or in the middle (for moving) can be dragged with the
mouse. When the drag operation starts, you can chose 2 points or a vector
just like the "select-action" mode.

There is an alpha IntelliCAD edition for Linux/Wine that you may test.
IntelliCAD is almost an AutoCAD clone and behaves similarly. Two editors
currently, I tested the first one.

http://www.progesoft.com/
http://www.bricscad.com/

Greetings,