[PythonCAD] distutils.core issue on installation

Peter Gossner gossner at arcom.com.au
Mon May 17 10:12:23 EDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:35:22 -0400  from a terminal far far away
<Sergio/>  wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I have some free time now, to test some cad programs under Linux, so
>I'm trying to install the last release of PythonCAD. I've yet installed
>the python2.2, gtk2.0 and it's dependencies, and the pygtk packages on
>my Debian Woody. But when I try to run ~# python setup.py install, as
>is indicated in the INSTALL intructions, I get the following message:
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "setup.py", line 10, in ?
>    from distutils.core import setup
>ImportError: No module named distutils.core
>
>I'm not a programmer, just a cad user, interested in linux developes,
>so I don't kow how to solve this issue.
>
>Can you help me please?
on this debian testing box :
# apt-cache search distutils
python-dev - Header files and a static library for Python (default)
python2.1-dev - Header files and a static library for Python (v2.1)
python2.1-email - Python library for managing email messages
python2.2-dev - Header files and a static library for Python (v2.2)
python2.3-dev - Header files and a static library for Python (v2.3)

so in theory
apt-get install python-dev should get what you need.

--
Todays fortune:
Your life would be very empty if you had nothing to regret.

< http://www.gnu.org/software/tetum/ >
< http://bigbutton.com.au/~gossner >
< gossner at arcom.com.au >