[PythonCAD] No module named gobject

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Mon Mar 15 09:56:17 EST 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 09:22:45AM +1300, Wilbert Knol wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having trouble getting R12 to work on a Mandrake 9.1 box:
>
> ---------
> [wk at wk pygtk-2.0.0]$ gtkpycad.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/gtkpycad.py", line 32, in ?
>     import Interface.Gtk.gtkimage
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/PythonCAD/Interface/Gtk/gtkimage.py", line 29, in ?
>     import gobject
> ImportError: No module named gobject
> [wk at wk pygtk-2.0.0]$
> ---------
>
> Indeed, there is no file called gobject.py on the machine.
> Perl and PyGTK are installed. I checked the very latest release of pygtk, and
> the module isn't in it.
>
> I don't know much about the Python language. Any pointers would be
> appreciated.

Hi.

I'm not exactly familiar with Mandrake, but it sounds like the
PyGTK package is only half-installed. I'm thinking that there
are two packages - the PyGTK runtime package and then the
development package - that have to be installed. Can you
tell if you have both installed?

There won't be a 'gobject.py' file installed, as PyGTK creates
a compiled code shared library 'gobject.so' that Python loads
up.

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, as I've been offline for a few
days.

Art Haas